Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 2 - Day 5

Day 5 - Read this slowly! Make it your prayer and hearts
desire.
I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my
fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take
refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my
stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and
I am saved from my enemies. Ps 18:1-3

My study Bible says:
"God's protection of his people is limitless and can take many forms. David characterized God's care with five military symbols. God is like (1) a rock that can't be moved by any who would harm us, (2) a fortress or place of safety where the enemy can't follow, (3) a shield that comes between us and harm, (4) strength of salvation, a symbol of might and power, (5) a stronghold high above our enemies. If you need protection, look to God."


---------------------------
CRAVE IT! THE EXTRA MILE
• Read 2 Cor. 3:7-18 - Spending time in God’s presence
changes us! What do you sense changing in you? Tell God
about it. Maybe tell someone else, too. Try journaling!
• Read the Book of Colossians! It is not long and oh, so
rich!
• Psalm 18 – the whole chapter ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment