Monday, February 2, 2009

Week 1 - Day 5

Day 5- Read this Slowly! Make it your prayer and hearts desire.
Psalm 63:1-8
"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. 3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. 4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. 5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. 7 Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. 8 My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me."

My study Bible says "Hiding from his enemies in the barren wilderness of Judah, David was intensely lonely. He longed for a friend he could trust to ease his loneliness. No wonder he cried out 'O God...my soul thirsts for you...in this parched and weary land.' If you are lonely or thirsty for something lasting in your life, remember David's prayer. God alone can satisfy our deepest longings!"

What longings has God satisfied?

Let me tell you girls..........my whole life I have wanted to be a part of something big. I mean deeply, intensely wanted to be part of something big. When I was little, I wanted to be a singer and get up on stage and sing for thousands of fans. Later, when the show "West Wing" was on I wanted to work at the White House. I mean c'mon! Those people make can a difference! I longed for so long that my heart ached and something felt like it was missing. Then I met my husband, and he took me to a place called Lifechurch. I saw what was going on there, how lives were changed, and they showed me how AWESOME God is! Now I have the privilege to tell other people of the Good News! And let me tell you, my heart isn't longing or aching any more!! I AM part of something HUGE. I CAN make a difference. God answered my prayer. He can answer yours. Just ask him!

Want more?
Read Psalm 23 and take time to relish in your SHEPHERD!
Read Isaiah 40 and soar with God!
Read Psalm 19 and revel in God as Creator of the universe!
Read Psalm 42 and seek God’s help in your trials!

Also, go check out Sheri's blog at http://sheriyates.blogspot.com/. Watch the video she posted today (February 2nd). It is amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Is Ps 63:1-8 not a great prayer? I read it slowly the first time...and then I read it even slower the second time. --great message.

    ReplyDelete