Friday, March 13, 2009

Week 6 - Day 5

Day 5 - Ask God for insight as you read Exodus 14.

Describe in your own words what verse 14 means to you.
We serve a mighty God! Did verse 14 stand out to you? “The
LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." Our LORD
can fight all of our battles! Our job is to pray (ask), wait on Him
(be still), and walk in trust and faith (total reliance upon Him).

Have you ever fought your own battle or defended yourself with
others? I don’t know about you, but when I (Sheri) have done this,
I always end up feeling bad and it never results in changing
someone else’s opinion of me. My way can seem right and it feels
like the most immediate path to resolution, but what’s right in my
mind, is not necessarily God’s way.

Remember, God is our defender! If he is for us, who can be
against us?

Today, ask God to help you learn to stand firm and rest in God to
take care of your battles!

You might consider writing your own prayer to your Father God.
Listen. Respond. Rejoice. He is Faithful!

CRAVE! THE EXTRA MILE

• Read Proverbs 8. This chapter in Proverbs is about
Wisdom (which is Christ, according to some
commentators).

• Read 2 Cor. 12:7-10, Hebrews 3 (this one is about Israel’s
stubborn unbelief and unwillingness to listen)

1 comment:

  1. Battles that is all I saw growing up. Some how I knew that was not the answer. As I became a young adult mid 20's searching for the answers, I knew Peace of mind was the answer. The more I searched the more I saw having a realtionship with God was the answer. I use to read his Word and not understand. But now I Do. " Thank you" His Wisdom is what I seek not my own understanding. Proverbs 3:56 really speaks to me.

    Trust in the LORD wih All your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM, and He will make your paths straight.

    ReplyDelete