Friday, March 6, 2009

Week 6 - Share it!

SHARE! - Week 6
SEEK GOD

Know God through Prayer

Week 5 Review Question: Share how, since last week, your
prayer time has changed?

Objective: To seek to know God through prayer while resting,
listening, and delighting in His presence.

Key Verse: "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted
among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Ps. 46:10

There is a video to go with this week. I will be getting it from church tomorrow and uploading (hopefully!).

It is so hard for me (Sheri) to be quiet! There are so many
distractions that divide my attention: work, children, television,
other people, sports, etc. Maybe you are a person who is the great
listener, or like me, maybe you are the one that never stops talking
long enough to listen.

When I am busy, distracted, talking or formulating a response, I
cannot possibly listen and truly hear others. The same is true
when we are trying to hear from the Lord. He is gentle and kind.

To hear Him, we need to learn the art of listening. We need to
intentionally be still and wait on the Lord.

1. Can you tell the difference between your head and God’s
voice?

2. Have you heard from the Lord before? If so, when do you
typically hear from God? I hear many people say, “The
shower”. Why? Because we are still and there is nothing else
to distract us in there.

I (Sheri) remember a time when I had no idea how to discern my
ideas from God’s. I would say things like, “Is this God or is this
me?” I was such a busy person that I didn’t know God’s voice
because I was never still.

If you haven’t ever known how to hear from the Lord, do not be
discouraged, this is the right study for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment