Saturday, January 31, 2009

Week 1 - Day 3

Day 3- Read Psalm 143

This Psalm was like a daily medication for me around 9 years ago. Especially verse 8. Is your heart heavy? Are you worried and anxious with “what ifs”? Memorize a favorite verse from this psalm today. Write it out, read it out loud (repeat these steps until you know it) and meditate on it continually today.

Phil 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Last month, we found out that my husband won’t be getting a job that was supposed to help us through this stupid recession and lift a lot of financial burdens. We were both devastated and very depressed. We both prayed and asked God for help us see that He has other plans for us and to show us how to move forward. This Psalm is very helpful and I will turn to it every day when I am having a hard time understanding why we are in the position we are in. I love verse 10 “Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious spirit lead me forward on a firm footing.” How great is it to know that you are not alone, that God has a plan, and you can ask for His help to get through the day, or whatever situation you are going through?! I really needed this verse today! How awesome is that?!




Tell me what your thoughts are.

No comments:

Post a Comment