Friday, January 30, 2009

Week 1 - Day 2

Day 2- Read Psalm 139 & Romans 8:38-39
God knows YOU! God LOVES YOU! He longs to be loved and known by you. Write out your favorite verse(s) today and maybe even record some thoughts to God in response to His love for you. Delight in Him ALL DAY LONG! Delight is defined as: a feeling of extreme gratification aroused by something good! AKA: Joy, pleasure, cheer, gladden, even TICKLE!

Psalm 139:23-24
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you,
And lead me along the path of everlasting life.

In the life application bible, the study says "David is asking God to search for sin and point it out, even to the level of testing his thoughts. This is exploratory surgery for sin. How are we to recognize sin if God doesn’t point it out? Then when God shows us, we cam repent and be forgiven. Make this verse your prayer. If you ask the Lord to search your hearts and thoughts and to reveal your sin, you will be continuing on "the path of everlasting life"."

I like this explanation because I know there are times I sin and don’t realize it. Its great to know that I can ask God to point it out and remind me how I am supposed to act. And knowing that nothing separates us from God’s presence is so comforting. The fact that I can call on him anytime and know that he is there helps me to not be afraid. I’m not saying I don’t get afraid, I’m just saying that when I am, it gets easier knowing that I can pray and ask God to be by my side.

Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment