Thursday, April 2, 2009

Week 7 - Day 6

DAY 6

"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. "Every
branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every
branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more
fruit.” You are already clean because of the word which I have
spoken to you. "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot
bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you
unless you abide in Me. "I am the vine, you are the branches; he
who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from
Me you can do nothing. "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is
thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and
cast them into the fire and they are burned. "If you abide in Me,
and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be
done for you. "My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much
fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. "Just as the Father has
loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. "If you keep
My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept
My Father's commandments and abide in His love. "These things
I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your
joy may be made full. "This is My commandment, that you love
one another, just as I have loved you. "Greater love has no one
than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. John 15:1-13
NASB

Write your favorite verse from this passage. Mine (Sheri) happens
to be that He laid down His life for His friends…there is no greater
love than that! Since I spent most of my life feeling rejected, I
can’t believe that I have always had this Savior and friend that laid
down His life for me! What caused you to choose the verse you
chose?

Let’s look at two parts of this passage: “Apart from me” and “If
you abide”

“Apart from me” means that apart from Him, it’s impossible
to be fruitful and our prayers are hindered. When we are
abiding in the love of God, He makes us fruit bearers.
Answered prayer is about God’s will and glory being
accomplished on earth through us.

Now, let’s look at the fruitfulness of a believer who abides in
the Vine!

I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in
my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name.
Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. John
16:23-24

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I
have been doing. He will do even greater things than these,
because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask
in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You
may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. John
14:12-14

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock,
and it will be opened to you. "For everyone who asks receives,
and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
"Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a
loaf, will give him a stone? "Or if he asks for a fish, he will not
give him a snake, will he? "If you then, being evil, know how to
give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father
who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him! Matt
7:7-11 NASB

"Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been
bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been
loosed in heaven. "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on
earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them
by My Father who is in heaven. "For where two or three have
gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." Matt
18:18-20 NASB

Do you have someone to pray in agreement with you on a regular
basis (a prayer partner)? If not, consider asking God to show you
who He wants to be your prayer partner. I (Amy) prayed this
prayer a few years back. Not long after that, I had a name of an
acquaintance pop into my mind, with the thought that this gal was
who I needed to ask to be my prayer partner. I located her phone
number, called her up, and then I stumbled through trying to
explain my reason for calling. Awkward!

Do you know what she said in response to my request? Basically,
she said, “I have chills. I have asked God for a prayer partner and
He told me to wait, because He would send her to me.” Wow!
God is so good and faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment